Cold weather forecast for Monday in Volusia and Flagler counties

0

Although overnight temperatures have become milder in Volusia and Flagler counties since the thermometer dipped into the 30s to begin last week, don’t put those jackets away just yet.

Another cold front is expected to cross the region to start the coming week, with overnight lows in the 30s through Monday morning, according to the National Weather Service in Melbourne.

“Right now it looks to be right around the 37 degree mark for the overnight low, which would be one of the coldest nights of the season so far,” said National Weather meteorologist Melissa Watson. Service in Melbourne.

The good news is that the front is expected to pass quickly, with temperatures warming noticeably by Tuesday, Watson said.

“Even the next day it should warm up from around 10 degrees overnight to around 47-50 degrees, and it will continue to warm throughout the week,” she said.

The cooler temperatures provided excellent viewing opportunities for the manatees which congregated in large numbers at Blue Spring State Park in Orange City. When the water temperature drops in the St. Johns River, the mammals head to the spring and its warmer 72 degree water.

Following:Cold snap produces record numbers of manatees and large crowds at Blue Spring State Park in Orange City

Protecting Florida Manatees:For Florida’s manatees, it will be another long winter, though Blue Spring remains a haven

Last week, Blue Spring recorded a record 663 manatees on Tuesday, a record that was broken the next day with a count of 664.

Visitors congregated last week along the spring walk at Blue Spring State Park in Orange City, where record numbers of manatees were counted during the recent cold spell.  Colder weather is heading for Volusia and Flagler counties Monday, according to the National Weather Service.

This week’s forecast for Volusia, Flagler

The National Weather Service’s week-ahead forecast for Daytona Beach on Friday called for mostly sunny skies on Sunday, with daytime highs near 58 degrees and winds 10 to 15 mph from the north-northwest. Sunday night is expected to be mostly clear, with lows around 39 and northwest winds around 5 mph.

Monday is expected to be sunny, with highs near 61 and a northwesterly wind around 5 mph. By Monday evening, skies are expected to be mostly cloudy with a low around 48 and a 20% chance of showers after 2 a.m.

On Tuesday, showers are likely, mostly after 8 a.m., and skies are expected to be mostly cloudy, with highs near 69. Chance of rain is 60%. Showers are also likely on Tuesday evening, with a low of around 54 degrees.

In Flagler County, the Palm Coast forecast for Sunday calls for mostly sunny skies, with highs near 57 and northwest winds of 6 to 9 mph, according to the National Weather Service in Jacksonville. Sunday evening lows are expected to drop to around 36.

Flagler temperatures are also expected to warm up quickly.

In Palm Coast, sunny Monday is expected with a high near 61. There is a 20% chance of showers Monday evening, with a low expected around 45 degrees.

Showers are also likely on Tuesday, with a high near 67 degrees and a 60% chance of rain. There is a 40% chance of showers Tuesday evening, with a low around 50.

Share.

Comments are closed.