Weather forecast data provided by the South African Meteorological Service. For a detailed forecast for your province, click here.
Severe weather alerts
IMPACT BASED WARNINGS:
1. A yellow level 2 warning for disruptive rain causing localized flooding of settlements, roads, low-lying areas and sensitive bridges is expected along the coast and adjoining interior of the Eastern Cape, spreading to parts southern and central KwaZulu-Natal in the afternoon.
2. A Level 6 Amber Warning for disruptive rain causing flooding of settlements, roads, low lying areas and bridges is expected over eastern parts of the Eastern Cape.
3. A Level 2 yellow warning for disruptive snow causing icy roads and isolated losses of vulnerable livestock is expected over the mountains of the northeast Eastern Cape from the afternoon.
4. A level 5 amber warning for disruptive snow leading to hazardous driving conditions and inaccessibility of communities is expected over the far northeast (Southern Drakensberg region) of the Eastern Cape from the afternoon.
FIRE HAZARD WARNINGS:
1. Extremely high fire danger conditions are expected in the eastern parts of the northwest, extreme eastern parts of the Free State, Gauteng, western and central parts of Limpopo and northwestern parts of Mpumalanga .
1.Very cold, wet and windy conditions are expected over the southern interior of the Namakwa District of the Northern Cape, the interior of the Western Cape and the northern and eastern interior of the Eastern Cape through Tuesday, while extending to the southwest and western interior of KwaZulu-Natal on Tuesday.
Temperature and UVB forecast
Temperature: Fair, windy and warm, becoming partly cloudy from the afternoon. It will be hot in the north.
The expected UVB sunburn index: Extreme.
Temperature: Fair and warm but warm to hot in the Lowveld, becoming partly cloudy over the Highveld from the afternoon with isolated but scattered showers and thunderstorms over the southeastern Highveld.
Temperature: Fair and warm to hot, becoming partly cloudy over the center and the east from the afternoon. It will be windy in places to the west.
North West Province:
Temperature: Partly cloudy and warm with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the southwest. It will be windy in places to the east.
Temperature: Cloudy and cool to warm with isolated showers and thunderstorms, except in the extreme northeast where it will be partly cloudy but scattered in the south and along the Lesotho border. There will be easterly wind.
Temperature: Cloudy in the south and west, otherwise partly cloudy and cool to cold with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the center and east but scattered in the extreme south-east.
Wind: The wind along the coast will be fresh to strong from the south.
Temperature: Cloudy and cool to cold, becoming partly cloudy from the west in the afternoon. Isolated to scattered showers are expected over the eastern interior and along the southern coast clearing from the afternoon.
Wind: The wind along the coast will be moderate to fresh from the southwest becoming weak along the south coast from the afternoon.
The expected UVB sunburn index: Moderate.
The western half –Cloudy and cold with scattered but widespread showers and thunderstorms in the south.
The West half – Wind: Winds along the coast will be moderate to cool from the southwest, but light and variable east of Algoa Bay in the morning.
The eastern half – Cloudy and cold with widespread but scattered showers and thunderstorms in the northwest. It will be very cold in the northeast with snow expected in the northern highlands.
The eastern half -The wind along the coast will be light to moderate from west to south in the morning, otherwise moderate to fresh from the southwest.
Temperature: Morning fog patches over the interior, otherwise cloudy and cool with scattered but widespread showers and thunderstorms in the south. It will be hot in the northwest.
Wind: The wind along the coast will be moderate to fresh from the south to southwest.
The expected UVB sunburn index: Moderate.
Stay up to date by viewing our daily regional weather forecast here.