Here is our latest weather forecast for India
Friday (2 September)
- Parasitic thunder is possible along the Konkan coast.
- Fairly widespread to widespread light/moderate rainfall is likely over southern peninsular India, west coast, central, northeast and eastern India.
- Isolated heavy to very heavy falls are also likely in coastal Kerala, Bihar, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura, Gujarat region, Madhya Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa, southern interior of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal.
- Heavy rains are expected to hit Arunachal Pradesh and northern part of West Bengal.
- In the morning, dense fog is possible over the Trans Himalayas and the relatively high altitude area of the Western Himalayas.
Saturday (September 3)
- Heavy to very heavy rains are very likely over remote locations Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Bihar, Coastal and South Interior Karnataka, Kerala, Mahe, Tamil Nadu , Puducherry, Karaikal and Lakshadweep.
- Thunderstorms with lightning are possible over Uttarakhand, Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Madhya Maharashtra, Konkan, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Karaikal, Kerala, Mahé and Lakshadweep.
- In the morning, dense fog is possible over the TransHimalaya and in the relatively high altitude area of the Western Himalayas.
National 5-day forecast
At present, the monsoon trough, which is at mean sea level, extends north of its normal position. Cyclonic circulations formed over Kutch and northern Tamil Nadu, both at lower tropospheric levels. Further a trough runs from the southern coast of Sri Lanka to central Madhya Pradesh and another trough runs from Jammu to central Pakistan. Under the influence of the above systems, the following regions are likely to receive precipitation:
Fairly widespread to widespread rainfall with isolated heavy falls and thunderstorms/lightning is very likely over Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura, India. Arunachal Pradesh and Assa, Meghalaya, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal (SHWB), Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Kerala & Mahe and South Interior Karnataka over the next five days. Similar wet conditions are likely over Bihar on September 2-3; Jharkhand on September 3; Coastal Karnataka September 4-6; North Interior Karnataka and Rayalaseema on September 5-6; Lakshadweep on September 2.
Extremely heavy isolated rainfall is possible over Kerala, Mahé and Lakshadweep, Gujarat region, Madhya Maharashtra and Konkan, Goa, SHWB and Sikkim on September 2; on Arunachal Pradesh and Assam & Meghalaya on September 2 and 3; Western Himalayan Region and Uttar Pradesh September 2-4; Uttarakhand on September 4.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!