Here is the weather forecast for India:
Monday (November 7)
- Scattered snowfall or rain accompanied by thunderstorms are expected over Ladakh.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms may occur over Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Lakshadweep and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Isolated rains and thunderstorms are possible over Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
- Air quality is likely to be “very poor” in northern, central and eastern India and “poor” in western and southern India.
Tuesday (8 November)
- Isolated snowfall or rain and thunderstorms are likely over Ladakh. Showers and scattered thunderstorms are expected over Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Lakshadweep and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Isolated rains accompanied by thunderstorms are expected over Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana and northwest Madhya Pradesh.
- Air quality will continue to be very poor in northern, central and eastern India and poor in western and southern India.
National 5-day forecast
A cyclonic circulation extends over the southeast of the Bay of Bengal and the adjacent region of the equatorial Indian Ocean, as well as an associated east-west trough that extends from the Comorin region to this cyclonic circulation in the tropospheric levels lower.
Under its influence, isolated to scattered light/moderate rain with thunderstorms/lightning is expected over Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Karaikal, Kerala and Mahé until mid-week. In addition, fairly widespread to widespread light/moderate precipitation with thunderstorms and lightning will follow previous conditions in the region during the second half of this week.
Isolated heavy rains are forecast over Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal on Thursday and Friday. Fairly widespread to widespread light/moderate rainfall with isolated heavy falls are possible over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Monday and Tuesday.
Additionally, an area of low pressure may form over the southwestern Bay of Bengal off the coast of Sri Lanka around Wednesday November 9th. It is expected to move northwest towards the Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coasts, with a slight intensification on the charts over the next two days.
Meanwhile, a weak western disturbance is running along high altitude areas of Kashmir in the lower and middle tropospheric levels. In addition, a new western disturbance will also affect the western Himalayan region from November 9th.
Under the collective influence of these systems, light to moderate scattered/fairly widespread rainfall or snowfall is forecast over Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan, Muzaffarabad and Himachal Pradesh on the 7th November and from November 9 to November 11. rain or snowfall may occur over Uttarakhand on November 7. Isolated light rain is also possible over Punjab on Monday November 7th.
As for mercury levels, a warmer trend is expected for overnight lows in Delhi and the NCR during the first half of this week.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!