Here is the weather forecast for India:
Wednesday (November 9)
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms can occur on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms may hit Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Karaikal, Kerala, Mahé and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated rainfall with a risk of lightning is possible over Andhra Pradesh and southern interior Karnataka.
- Fairly widespread snowfall or rainfall is forecast over Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Scattered showers are forecast over Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi and Punjab.
- Isolated rain or drizzle is likely over western Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and western Rajasthan.
- Dense fog is possible over northern India early in the morning.
- Dry weather is expected in other areas.
Thursday (November 10)
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms are likely over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Fairly extensive rains, accompanied by thunderstorms, are expected over Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal.
- Heavy falls could hit isolated places in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal.
- Scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms are likely over Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Mahé and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated rainfall with a risk of lightning may occur on the coast and southern interior of Karnataka.
- Widespread fairy snow or rain is possible over Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Isolated rains or drizzle are likely over western Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi and Punjab.
- Dense fog is possible over northern and central India early in the morning.
- Dry weather is expected to prevail in other parts of the country.
National 5-day forecast
A cyclonic circulation over the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and the adjacent equatorial Indian Ocean is now observed at 4.5 km above mean sea level. It is expected to develop into a low pressure area over the same region at over the next 24 hours. The northwestward movement of this system towards the Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coasts is expected on November 9-11. Meanwhile, a western disturbance could affect the Western Himalayan region from Thursday November 9th.
Under the collective influence of these systems, fairly widespread to widespread light/moderate rains with isolated heavy falls accompanied by thunderstorms/lightning are forecast over Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal from November 10-13. Similar conditions are expected over Rayalaseema and southern Andhra Pradesh on 10-11 November.
Very heavy isolated showers are possible over Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal from 11 to 13 November. Similar weather conditions are expected to prevail over Rayalaseema and southern Andhra Pradesh on 11-12 November and over Kerala on Sunday 13 November.
In addition, scattered to fairly widespread light to moderate rainfall or snowfall is likely over Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit Baltistan, Muzaffarabad and Himachal Pradesh on November 9-10. Isolated light to moderate rainfall or snowfall is possible over Uttarakhand during the same period. .
Isolated to scattered light rain or drizzle is expected over northern Punjab, northern Haryana and Chandigarh on 9-10 November. Similar weather conditions are expected over western Uttar Pradesh and western Rajasthan on Wednesday November 9th.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures are expected to be lower than normal in parts of northwest India due to the western disturbance and slightly above average in other parts of India. during this period. Overnight lows will show a warming trend across the country over the outlook period.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!