Here is our latest weather forecast for India
Friday (9 September)
- Widespread rains and thunderstorms are likely over Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated heavy falls are possible along the Andhra Pradesh coast.
- Fairly widespread rains and thunderstorms are expected over West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms are likely over Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
- Isolated rains are forecast over Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Saturday (September 10)
- Widespread rains and thunderstorms are likely over Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated heavy falls are possible in coastal areas of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Karnataka.
- Fairly widespread rainfall with thunderstorms is expected over Karnataka, West Bengal, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Odisha and Chhattisgarh.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms are likely over Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Andaman and Nicobar Islands .
- Isolated rains are forecast over Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
National 5-day forecast
An area of low pressure is located over the central western Bay of Bengal and is expected to approach the coasts of Andhra Pradesh or Odisha through Saturday while intensifying somewhat. And due to this system, coastal areas of the state will see increased rainfall with isolated heavy falls and thunderstorms around the weekend. The heavy rain zone is likely to expand into inland areas such as Chhattisgarh and northwards including West Bengal early next week, although there remains some uncertainty with details.
Meanwhile, the Konkan and Malabar coasts will experience intermittent rainfall in westerly winds from the Arabian Sea for the next five days. Some spells are likely to be heavy with thunderstorms this weekend. The models then show an increase in rainfall from the coast of Maharashtra, including Mumbai, south Gujarat in the first half of next week.
Fairly widespread to widespread rainfall with isolated heavy falls, thunderstorms and lightning is very likely over Arunachal Pradesh on Thursday and over Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura on Sunday and Monday.
Moderate rainfall activity is expected to continue over most parts of northwest India over the next five days.
As for mercury levels, the temperature is expected to exceed 40°C in western Rajasthan for the next five days. Overnight lows will be warmer than normal across much of the country for the duration.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!