Here is the weather forecast for the next two days
Friday (July 15)
- Very heavy rains are possible in isolated areas of Odisha, Gujarat, Konkan, Goa, Madhya Maharashtra and southern interior Karnataka.
- Heavy rain is likely in isolated areas of Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Marathawada, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh Coast, Telangana, Coast and Interior northern Karnataka, Kerala and Mahé.
- Widespread showers with thunderstorms are expected over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Odisha, western Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, the whole of Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Kerala, Mahé and Lakshadweep.
- Fairly widespread rains with thunderstorms are likely over Ganges West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, eastern Rajasthan, Telangana and eastern Madhya Pradesh.
- Scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms are forecast over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand , Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and the Andhra Pradesh coast.
- Isolated rains are likely over Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal, with a risk of lightning.
Saturday (July 16)
- Very heavy showers are possible in isolated parts of Odisha and Gujarat.
- Heavy rains are expected in isolated areas of eastern Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, all of Maharashtra, Marathawada, Chhattisgarh, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala and Mahe.
- Widespread showers with thunderstorms are likely over Odisha, eastern Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, the whole of Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, the Karnataka coast, Kerala and Mahé.
- Fairly widespread rains with thunderstorms are forecast over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Gangetic West Bengal, Jharkhand, Telangana, West Madhya Pradesh, North and South Interior Karnataka, Lakshadweep.
- Scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms are possible over Arunachal Pradesh, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu -and-Kashmir, Ladakh, Rajasthan and the coast of Andhra Pradesh.
- Isolated rains are expected over Uttar Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal, with a risk of lightning.
Summary of forecasts for the next five days
An area of low pressure over northern Odisha and an east-west trough crossing the northern peninsula of India combined are expected to produce intermittent rains and thunderstorms mainly over central, southwestern India and its regions. adjacent areas over the next 3-4 days.
Additionally, a new area of low pressure is expected to appear near Gujarat on Friday and move westward becoming well marked.
Under the influence of the above systems, rainfall amounts above 100 mm/day are possible in isolated areas of Odisha, Gujarat, Konkan, Goa, Madhya Maharashtra and southern interior of the Karnataka Friday; Odisha and Gujarat on Saturday. Rainfall activity will decrease from Tuesday.
The influence of moisture winds from the south and southwest of the Bay of Bengal will increase later in this period, with heavy rains expected over northeast India again from Saturday.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures are expected to be lower than normal in northwest India, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and adjoining regions during this period, while above the average in northeast India, mostly at the beginning of this period. Minimum temperatures will be slightly above normal in the Himalayan region and near normal in other regions.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!