Here is the weather forecast for India:
Thursday (October 13)
- Fairly widespread rains and thunderstorms are likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected over Sikkim, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Bihar and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated falls and thunderstorms are likely over Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
Friday (October 14)
- Fairly widespread rains and thunderstorms are likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible over Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Odisha, Maharashtra and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated rainfall with thunderstorms is forecast over Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh.
National 5-day forecast
Since the southwest monsoon retreated from northern India on October 3, it has come to a halt. However, withdrawal from parts of central India is expected this week.
Rainfall in the eastern Indian states of Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal is expected to decrease as we head into the weekend, changing to isolated rains or even a dry spell in the northern parts.
Meanwhile, localized heavy rains with thunderstorms will continue to hit Arunachal Pradesh and adjacent areas, where south-westerly winds from the Bay of Bengal meet the mountains, until Friday.
Additionally, a cyclonic circulation in the Comorin region will produce fairly widespread rains in southern India for the remainder of this week.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures will be normal or colder than normal in Delhi and the NCR in northwesterly winds over the next couple of days. A warmer trend in overnight lows will continue across much of the country. Rajasthan and its adjacent regions will be an exception where lows will be near average throughout this weekend.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!