Here is the weather forecast for India:
Friday (October 14)
- Fairly widespread rains and thunderstorms are likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. A few isolated heavy falls are likely in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible over Assam, Nagaland, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Lakshadweep
- Isolated rains and thunderstorms are possible over Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh.
Saturday (October 15)
- Widespread rains and thunderstorms are likely over Telangana, Goa, Karnataka and Kerala.
- Fairly widespread rains and thunderstorms are possible over Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Scattered rains and thunderstorms are expected over Arunachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Maharashtra and Lakshadweep.
- Rainfall and isolated thunderstorms were forecast over Uttarakhand, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and Madhya Pradesh.
National 5-day forecast
The southwest monsoon withdrawal line continues to pass through Uttarkashi, Nazibabad, Agra, Gwalior, Ratlam and Bharuch as conditions become favorable for withdrawal from some other parts of northwest and central India during for the next two days. It is likely to retreat further from the remaining parts of northwestern India, Gujarat, parts of Maharashtra, other parts of central India and parts of eastern India. India over the next two days.
Meanwhile, a cyclonic circulation is spreading over the Comorin region and its surroundings, while another is spreading over the central Bay of Bengal and its surroundings.
As a result, fairly widespread to widespread light or moderate rains with isolated heavy falls accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning are very likely over Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Karaikal, Kerala and Mahé from October 14 to 18, the interior South Karnataka on October 14, 15 and 17, Coastal Andhra Pradesh on October 14 and Coastal Karnataka on October 17.
In addition, fairly widespread to widespread light or moderate rainfall with isolated heavy falls is also possible over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands from October 15-18.
Meanwhile, mostly dry weather is very likely to prevail over most parts of northwestern India over the next five days.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!