Here is the latest weather forecast for India
Thursday (September 15)
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall in isolated locations is very likely over Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Eastern Rajasthan, Gujarat region, Madhya Maharashtra, North West Madhya Pradesh and Konkan-Goa .
- Heavy showers are expected over isolated parts of Haryana, eastern Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Saurashtra and Kutch.
- Thunderstorms accompanied by lightning are possible over Uttarakhand, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, East Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Odisha, Assam, Meghalaya, Gujarat State, Rayalaseema, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Interior Karnataka , Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal.
- Stray thunders are expected in eastern Uttar Pradesh, northern Madhya Pradesh, western Gujarat, northeastern Madhya Pradesh, northern Chhattisgarh, northwestern Maharashtra and south- east of Gujarat.
- Squally weather (wind speed 40-45 km/h gusting to 55 km/h) is most likely along and off southern Gujarat, the northern coast of Maharashtra, adjoining northeast Arabian Sea and the central eastern Arabian Sea.
Friday (September 16)
- Heavy to very heavy rains are expected in isolated parts of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Maharashtra and Konkan-Goa.
- Heavy showers are forecast over Himachal Pradesh, West Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and Gujarat region.
- Thunderstorms accompanied by lightning in isolated locations are very likely over Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, eastern Rajasthan, western Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Odisha.
- Parasitic thunder is possible in northern Uttar Pradesh.
- Squall winds of 45 to 55 km/h with gusts to 65 km/h are likely over the southwest and the central west adjacent to the Arabian Sea
National 5-day forecast
The well marked low pressure area with associated cyclonic circulation persists over northwest Madhya Pradesh and environs. It is likely to move gradually north-northwestward over the next 12 hours and then slowly return northeastward across southern Uttar Pradesh. It is interacting with the trough in the mid-latitude westerly winds, and this is expected to continue through September 17th. There is a possibility that the system will intensify into a depression over southwestern Uttar Pradesh by September 16th.
Under its influence, very heavy falls are likely over northwest Madhya Pradesh on September 15th. Heavy to very heavy rain, thunderstorms and lightning are very likely over Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh on September 15-16. is also likely on both states on September 17. Heavy falls, thunderstorms and lightning are expected over Haryana and eastern Rajasthan on September 15 and over Himachal Pradesh on September 16-17.
Isolated heavy falls, thunderstorms and lightning are highly likely over Saurashtra, Kutch and Bihar on September 15-16 in West Bengal on Thursday. Isolated very heavy rains are also expected over the Gujarat region, Madhya Maharashtra and Konkan-Goa on 15-16 September.
Heavy falls, thunderstorms and lightning are very likely over Arunachal Pradesh on September 16 and over Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura for the next two days.
Moderate rainfall activity is likely over the southern peninsula of India over the next five days.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (on the Android and iOS store). It’s free!